Wednesday, October 1, 2008

LRA Teacher




This is a picture of the sun setting on Mercury. The second picture is of my school. My classroom is to the left of the flag.
When Karl mentioned that a professor told a student they were right but forgot to rasise their hand, I thougth that is sometimes me to a tee. Now if I was a college professor I probably would not be doing this. At my school where the students cannot ask questions tactfully because they don't care about learning or respect the teacher, I will sometimes have to go so far as to say no talking for any reason unless you are called upon. Then they receive an infraction if they even whisper to their neighbor. I only resort to this when the class cannot behave. I am so glad that I have the capability to do this at Logan River Academy.


I will sometimes put a student on shutdown. This means they cannot talk or they will be removed from class and receive a class II. As a teacher it seems that I am teaching students how to behave socially, be responsible for their actions, and treat others sometimes more than I teach how condensation works or what makes up a molecule.


I am signing off now. I have just written some emails to students' parents. I want a break from the computer.

2 comments:

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

Love the picture of Mercury-thanks for sharing. I can't wait to show the kids.

Meg

Karl, Meg, and kids said...
This comment has been removed by the author.