Saturday, February 7, 2009

News From Shreveport, Louisiana

Friday we found out that we have no choice in the matter - we are going to Twin Falls Idaho. We were hoping for Salt lake, but the other guy that wanted to go there had been in the military longer than Ben -same rank, just longer time - Ben made his rank earlier than normal, because of an award (Below the Zone Airman award), but it seems to hurt us every time, because the other guy always has more time in the military - Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! But, we are excited about Twin Falls. I've heard the people are nice, and it's probably 2 and a half hours to three hours away -so it could have been alot worse. We feel lucky to get that close! May 12th is his tech-school date and ends June 30th. Aug. 10th he reports to Twin Falls, Idaho, if he graduates -which we hope he will. I think he will, though it will be new to him. He might have to get out of his comfort zone a little bit. It is not reccomended that I go with him - so I won't.
And about the wedding - I would love to be there, but I think it would be easier on me and my entire family, in many ways, to remain where I am. But I will be thinking of those twitterpated people in March! I am excited for them. I'm glad I got to see and meet BJ while I was there, though Nancy (in my opinion) was not that interested in him at the time. They were not real close while I was there - is all I mean - well, that's all about us. We are just glad to know where we are going and when, etc.
So, sometime in the beginning of May or late April, Ben will drive us all the way to Logan in our van, so we will have our van in Logan to use, and then he will fly back to get ready for tech school. So..., that means I will have missed an entire winter in Utah again - I'm going to be a wimp when I finally have to go through a real winter out west. Well, that's all I can think of - doing well here and happy to have some direction in our lives. I love you all. Love, Lisa and Ben in Louisiana - oh, it's crawfish time - I've never cooked them myself, but we are hoping Ben's work has a crawfish party and then they will sell some to us. We liked them last time - twist off the head, squeeze from the bum and push the meat out- or some people suck the meat out - I'm not that good, well aren't you glad I shared all those details? Well, that's all, I'd better go. Chow!

2 comments:

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

That's really good news. We're glad you get to move back to the only true and living state.

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

Hooray for Idaho! Glad you get to be closer. I think you will like it better than Provo. ALthough it would have been nice for Provo to be closer to the raw milk. Etc.
Sounds like you are doing good. Wish we could see you at the wedding though. Good luck in school BEn. We are routing for you and know you can do it!