Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hey this is Robert. It's been a while. Heidi keeps me posted. We love hearing from all you guys! Like Heidi said, my mouth is pretty sore. I think it's getting better but its taking longer than expected. What causes canker mouth sores? That's my main complaint now- more than the swelling and sore gums. So Karl, is it better to do root canals or tooth extractions for abscessed teeth? I took a day off after the extraction, but then I needed to get working again. It's not fun talking all day with a sore mouth- And that's all I do at work- non-stop-even while driving. (Dad caught me talking on my cell while driving.) I enjoy working, but dislike having to work after hours which I've done quite a bit. Today (Saturday), I just got called to be on call today and tonight. It's frustrating. Heidi said I shouldn't have to because of my mouth. I've had a hard time sleeping because of the pain which only goes away 2 hours with the prescriptive dose of IBU Profen. Hopfully I have a good liver, because I've had to take a lot around the clock to function at work as well as to help Heidi. Heidi has been incredible to support me. I keep thinking I'm a baby- but it hurts.
The good news is that amidst all that's going on, Heidi and I are excited for #3! No due date yet-but probably March/April. Heidi is so cute with her baby belly- I love it and she hates it. Tyson and Bub love feeling the 'round trampoline'. She's had more morning sickness with this pregnancy than the other two combined. (and increased mood swings). ha ha ha. She's great.

Heidi and I are wanting to put up the Christmas tree and lights and decorations this weekenend. It's hard to believe it's coming so quick. Thanksgiving's not over yet, but Christmas will be here before we know it. We've been having nice weather for this time of year though. It's wonderful.

It's good to hear that Quickyn is sleeping longer (sometimes). All I can say is don't buy earplugs! I agree with you Bri. Touch and affection are needed at this time of their life. It's hard to just let them cry. Always go with your heart/feelings. In my maternity class, we acually discussed this for a whole period and read several articles about it. The conclusion for most of them was that for most situations was to let them cry 5 minutes. After 5 minutes of non-stop crying, it's okay to settle them down and hug them, but then of course to put them back in their own bed. That way they get your affection but they still learn to sleep in their bed. The article discussed a study they did over 25 years or so that showed that those children that were given affection at night with cries turned out to be more caring, understanding and patient as an adult than those that were just left alone to cry. those kids ended up being more resilient, direct and stubborn.
Anyways that's just one of the studies. I really don't think any of that stuff matters. It's different for each child and each situation. With Tyson (now 2), He cries every time it's bedtime and we don't usually let him out- and eventually he cries himself to sleep. I have to admit though, I enjoy cuddling with my boys at night (and Heidi).
So good luck Bri and Hollie with those pretty girls. I guess I better stop and try accomplish something before my next phone call on call. (I just had to giveIV antibiotics to a 6 year old). I'm more used to stubborn old dying people than kids that are babies and getting better.( Not all old peple are stubborn and dying). I just remembered I need to prepare a lesson for tomorrow. There's always something to do. Gotta love it!. Go Utah Jazz! And Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

Root canal vs extraction....
What I know so far

Extraction is good only if there's nothing else you can do.
It's ALWAYS better to keep your teeth if
1. You can afford it
2. Your body can support them

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

BTW, hope you're feeling better. Just stop talking so much!