Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sometimes You Feel Like Crying

We just got done reading Hollie and Luke's blog and I feel like crying. Enjoy the fact that Gracie is sleeping so well. We've been working with Quickyn on sleep and have had some progress, but it is going to take some time. I'm just not the type of person who can let a baby "cry it out". Some nights she's up more than most and I've been so exhausted from lack of sleep. We think that her sleep problems started when I got really sick in September. I was so weak that we brought her into bed with us so I could nurse her and sleep. I couldn't even hold her to feed her I was so weak. Anyway, now she sleeps in her crib until 10:30 or 11:30 at night and then she won't sleep unless I put her in bed next to me. And if I move away from her....yeah...she wakes up! She has it down to a science. But, I will prevail. Back at the start of October she wasn't napping unless I was nursing her and she was in my arms, now she is taking 2-3 naps a day of at least 30 min each. Today was a breakthrough. She went down for a nap at 1:20 and she slept all by herself in her crib (and even put herself back to sleep after startling awake) until 2:30!!! WOO HOO. This is major people! Now if only she would sleep longer stretches at night.

Anyway, not to say I'm angry with you Hollie, but I am frustrated that I can't be enjoying the sleepful bliss you get. I'm lucky to get 2 hours in a row without interruption. I do have to admit something though. I sure do enjoy cuddling with her in bed. Her warm little body next to mine and the cute way she nuzzles next to me when she's hungry is priceless. I will miss that once she starts sleeping on her own.

So, we're all curious what you're holding back. Bill thinks you're pregnant! I think you're moving closer. Are we warm yet?

Well, I have to go get Quickyn into bed.
Bye Bye
Bri

3 comments:

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

I am so sorry!! I am going to call you. I can't imagine... and I didn't know things weren't getting better. I think she must have figured you out and she is going to take advantage of it. Getting liitle sleep is not good for either of you. Like I explained in my blog the effects it had on me but also when Gracie sleeps well, she is a much happier calmer baby during the day and after each nap. We need to get it figured out. :)

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

I love you and please don't cry- actually that might help to get your frustration out of your system for a little while. I know it does me. I will call you. Hollie

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

Bri,

Zach is waking up all the time in the middle of the night AGAIN! It never ends. And he screams so loud when he wakes up.

Good luck!