Friday, November 21, 2008

Movin' on Up!

Hey everyone! I felt bad about leaving a sad note last time, so I thought I would update y'all with some good stuff.

Well, last night Quickyn woke up only 4 times which is a way big improvement from 8! YEEE HAAAWWW. She usually ends up in bed with me by midnight, but last night I didn't bring her into bed with me until 4:30 a.m. I did bring her in finally so I could get a little extra sleep. She was a really good napper today and I got a few things done. She wasn't taking naps as of the first of October but as of the end of October she takes 2-3 naps a day. We still have our bad nights, but I think if I keep helping her learn better sleep habits things will continue to get better.
And hardly any crying involved too!!!

We really like our pediatrician. He is very nice and he sees eye to eye with us on most things. The only thing we disagree with is how to get her to sleep at night. I was actually appalled by something he mentioned at our last visit. He said, "you can even let them cry all night. Earplugs can be a good investment." Oh my goodness! Yeah, he said that. I'm sorry, but the thought of that makes me cry. I like to let her know that I am there and if she cries I'll be there asap. I've actually found that the sooner I respond the better she sleeps and she's even on occasion gone back to sleep on her own just because I've come in to remind her that it is okay and I'm there.
Maybe the crying it out thing works for some babies. Don't infants naturally crave human contact and attention? Maybe I'm slamming the idea too hard, but I just don't feel right about it.

Thanks Holly for the tip I think it helped tremendously!

Gotta run, Bill's given the Q-bug a bath and she doesn't seem to be enjoying it.

Love, Bri

1 comment:

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

There's a solution for kids who don't like baths. Don't bathe them.