Friday, September 12, 2008

Adding a comment on baby acne

Quickyn got baby acne at 3 weeks old and it lasted until she was about 2 months old. Megan's advice of TRY is the best out there. I'll admit that after it started going away Quickyn had two little ones that would not disappear. She finally scratched one off and I shamefully got rid of the other one. It was driving me crazy. Luckily she has no mark from my impatience. Now she's getting breakouts on her chin and under her chin from all the endless drool!!! Try prying a 4 month old chin up during a bath. I'll probably break her jaw before she gives, so I guess I'll have to live with it.

Well it is my turn to hold the baby and try to get her to sleep. Any advice for how to get a baby to sleep longer stretches at night? Quickyn has decided to wake up every 2-3 hours now instead of every 4-6 hours. A binkie or music used to lull her to sleep when she'd wake up, but it appears that she has caught on to that trick. Now she just cries more when she gets a binkie or hears the music at night. We're waging a war and it doesn't look good for the parents. We did manage a four hour stretch between feedings last night, but one hour of it I had to hold her and another hour of it Bill got a turn. I'm surprised we're still functioning. HELP if you can!

Love Bri

No comments: