Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Holy Mouth Man Initiation Ceremony

You're invited to my white coat ceremony -- on Dad's birthday (may he forgive me for reminding everyone). I'm officially entering the system. I can now hide behind my white coat, refuse to answer questions, and say things like, 'Hmm, that's a very interesting situation,' when I really mean, 'Oh my, I really wish I could explain what's going on with that, but I have no idea.'

Today I had a second lab test -- built a central incisor out of wax. Bet you didn't think I could sculpt! I didn't think I could either. 'Course I'm the slowest in the class, but that's OK. I think I'll get faster. Started a study group too -- the over 30 crowd. We call ourselves 'Old School.' Everyone's invited, but the only people who come consistently have older families (kids 5+). We have to use every minute of our school time, because once we go home, we all know that we're done until bed time. So, we come in early -- nobody likes that -- and we go home on time (when everyone else stays). It's been working so far. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I AM IN THE SHED!!

No comments: