Friday, September 19, 2008

Life at the Ogden Residence! Yes there is some!

Hey guys! It's about time we join the band-wagon don't you tink? We really don't know what we're doing. Sometime we'll have to play around with it some more. 0h. Happy Birthday Gandpa Bill! Right now my time is spent studying for my licensure examination to be a vestal maiden to wear a distinctive costume and headress (not the headress!). Along with inserting instruments, administering comfort potions, my focus will be assisting the Nacirema leave this dreadful world still feeling good about themselves at home rather than at the latipso. (Hospice!).

I take that test next Tuesday and if all goes well, I'll be taking over all the hospice patients immediately and be the case manager of all hospice in the company. Usually this position is given to someone with lots more experience than to a new graduate. They must have seen something good in me- I don't know. Maybe it was the interview. I felt like I had an over-the -top performance at the interview ---many thanks to Dad's continual teaching, advice and support through life. Thanks Dad. Although in the past all those hours spent practicing and redoing papers and resumes were dreaded, I sure appreciate them now! And hope to carry on that legacy Dad and Mom have started to my own children.

It's funny, but I remember tinking when I was younger how much fun it would be to have twins. We'll even though they're 1 year apart instead of 1 minute, they sure feel like twins! -And act like it from what I've heard that twins act like. I'm sure Karl and Megan could attest to that and Mom and Dad as Hollie and I were close too. Tyson must have inherited my short and quiet genes because he wears the same size diapers and clothes as Kaleb and sticks to about five short words. He turns two next month! He does communicate via sign language that we taught him starting at 9 months.

Tyson is very smart, manipulative, and knows how to get his way with his Mom. He loves mom's home-baked treats. He likes to play hide and seek, chase, and run through the house hitting everyting including us with the fly-swatter. He enjoys dancing to music - the wonderful Wiggles and Barney. He wants to be completely independent with everyting- from unlocking the doors, to getting dressed-to using the potty. For the most part, Tyson is considerate of others and makes sure everyting is equal. He always makes sure Kaleb is taken care of as well as us. If Tyson has granola, Kaleb has to have a bowl before he will eat. Tyson enjoys leading music, and makes us fold our arms, bow our heads and close our eyes before we eat anyting! He tries to say someting- at least his mouth is moving silently. He knows what Amen means. He's taking a liking to pictures of Jesus and has to have a tie on Sundays like his Dad. Tyson likes making faces on windows and banging his head on everything on purpose. he has the cutest smiles. He loves taking the garbage out to the dumpster -almost half a mile it seems like from our door. He carries a sack while I carry the big one. He likes to help with everyting, and actually does help quite a bit with cooking sweeping cleaning, and doing the laundry. He doesn't like putting his toys and books away- or the wipes he takes out. He brings us the wipes and two diapers whenever he is wet or messy. If one gets a change, they both get a change- Tysons orders.
(Isn't it funny how you can talk and talk about your kids?) Of course there's more . . . negative.

Kaleb is . . . . well . . KALEB! As Heidi just said "how can you describe Kaleb?" He had a hard night last night without his mom. The only good thing about that is that now he's sleeping. It's fun when the boys are together, but we're also noticing they seem to show more interest in learning and more growth when they're apart -when one's sleeping. When together, Jealosy hits in. -Mostly for Tyson. We've seen some pretty good, humorous cat-fights - Kaleb just wants to be part of tings, and be like his older brother. I'm sure our neighbors (apartement complex) get a kick out of their hair-raisng high pitched screaming contests!
Anyways, Kaleb is becoming the typical 1 year old. The focus now is him walking. He walks- runs with his walker well but won't take those steps on his own. He has taken three steps- that is with his right foot only! Kaleb hates when anyting is over his head -mouth. I wonder if part of that is because in his sub-conscious memory, he remembers the past emergency incident where I feel we were blessed to still have Kaleb with us. ( For those that don't know about that, ask. But in one word you'll know -SIDS. It's real folks.)

Kaleb has two bottom teeth and likes to give kisses. He loves to be outside! When the door opens, he's there. He army crawls so fast. Kaleb is a good eater- he loves sand, sticks, dirt, and garbage and bugs and lotion. Some how I'll have to post the picture of the boys rubbing lotion on each other. They see me do that for Mom and love to particiapate. Just like Harry Potter slept in a closet, Kaleb does too! Our walk in closet is quite large and houses all of Heidi's many outfits, my small supply, and Kalebs port-a-crib and clothes. (Tyson has his own room- that he loves to show people.) Kaleb loves to throw things and read books- and cry when he wakes up. (He just woke up- and Mom just gave a big sigh.) Kaleb is quite emotional at times. He's had to find ways to steal the attention from Tyson, and even get Tyson in trouble. Heidi and I are just starting to open our eyes to what parenting involves. It's a lot more than changing diapers and giving hugs and kisses.

Anyways, coming home to see Heidi and the two boys is always the hi-light of my day- even it means coming home to books, pans, papers, toys, wipes, and diapers all over the place and Heidi saying "I'm about ready to pull my hair out. Either they need a time out or I Do!" Heidi is so wonderful. She shows lots of interest in my studies and often her common sense gets the questions right while my highly educated head thinks too hard and gets it wrong. At times I wonder if she should be the one in nursing and me being the mother. There's just one ting that irritates me about her . . .
Heidi's wrist is doing better and hasn't had any problems since that surgery. It does look like she tried suicide since the scar looks like she slit her wrist (the right direction). She says the worst part of her day is when I leave, and the best part of the day is when I don't come back. I think her favorite part of the day is the time I give her a scratchy kiss! I guess I haven't changed much- girls are so fun to tease. She has quite the facial slap- beware Dad. She has her own subtle ways of letting you know what she tinks- if you know what I mean. She constantly asks me when we're going on a big vacation- and I told her we'd go when her hair touches her bottom. She also is wondering about moving again- some day- to Washington- to support me should I further my studies in Naturopathy. Just a thought that always lingers around us. Heidi still has a great fear of the four D's: Dogs, Driving, Dark and . . .

Well, youv'e heard enough for now I tink. I don't know how often we'll 'blog' so I wrote more than I should have since I should be reviewing my common sense and storing the false knowlege behind me. I can't seem to memorize the correct schedule of immunizations and which foods to avoid/take in certain conditions. I can't figure out why. Mom? Dad? (Wheatgrass and raw milk are never the answers and are actually taboo!) I love to read and critical think things- that is when I have/ make the time. I wish I could go back to the earlier years of my life when I refused to read, and use that time more wisely rather than playing trolls alone in my room. Any time I have that I have I like to be outside doing things with the boys or playing games or just being with Heidi. Have you heard of the game "Smath?" It's scrabble math- and Heidi whoops me- even to the point of tears.
Besides a lot of tears in this home because kids aren't getting what they want, and besides the messy house, and besides all the text books, and the cookies- there is some happiness here full of lots of love, patience, and understanding. We love hearing from all you guys, and love pictures. Someone give us some picture posting 101 lessons and we'll post some of our fun lives.
I was reminded by an elderly person what the purpose of life was: she said "Life is the place to make memories . . . for that's all we'll take with us when we leave." True? Thanks for giving us memories!
Just from us.
PS: Just a quick reminder of the law: DON'T DRIVE IN THE LEFT LANE IF YOU ARE NOT PASSING ANYONE! You might be just as surprised as I was when I received a warning for breaking that law on I-15 at rush hour- instead of speeding in a construction zone -which I was like everyone else.

No comments: