Saturday, September 20, 2008

So Much Doings

Hello all. This is Bri. I think I'm logged in as Bill, so I thought I would clarify.
Wow, what a great novel! The Chandler Saga??? The Candle Makers Family?? I'm trying to come up with a "Best Seller" title.

Okay, first thing first. Hollie, Bill and I want to come to the blessing. We will already be in Salt Lake that weekend so Draper isn't too much farther. Please email us the directions. Secondly, Robert and Heidi, we only had Quickyn strictly on the lights for one day! We went to the doctor the next day and she only dropped 1/2 a point. So we took her out in the sun the entire next day and her points dropped into the safe zone. She was only one point from the NICU at the hospital. Thirdly, Karl, THANK YOU for sharing your political outburst. It is SOOOOO nice to know that you have similar feelings to mine. I won't even get started!

Well, in answer to Heidi's question about losing the pregnancy weight, I found a solution. How about one good intestinal virus? That's what I've got! Not that you really needed to know, but after child birth you lose all your dignity and some things just aren't so embarrassing anymore. I've lost 5 pounds in 24 hours! I can't eat, just drink. Luckily Quickyn and Bill are fine. I'm still able to breastfeed, but my supply is a little low. I'm assuming it is a virus, but it could have been something I ate too. If it isn't gone by Monday I guess I'd better visit the Holy Man.

Bill has been an absolute saint. He is watching Quickyn while I rest and brings her to me when she is hungry. He is also enjoying feeding her new things. She tried carrots for the first time today and loved them! Grandpa Bill you and Heidi sure did something right to raise such wonderful sons. I attribute his sainthood to your masterful parenting. He is even making a chicken stock so we can have good old fashioned homemade chicken and rice soup for Sunday.

Happy Belated Birthday to Grandpa and Michael. We are glad you enjoyed some sinful indulgence. It is fun to cross to the dark side every now and then, right? Obviously Heidi understand this principle since the cake is being saved for a later raid.

We loved hearing about Robert and Heidi's family. Quickyn has been such a joy in our lives. She loves to grab things now and immediately put them in her mouth. Unfortunately paper is one of her favorites and she has so much drool it turns in mush in 2 seconds. She loves to be outside. She will stare at the leaves blowing in the wind and she will wiggle her toes in the grass. Everything is so sensational to her! Watching her discover the world is inspiring and eye opening to me too! The grass really does feel good between your toes. Try it some time. We are having a little more luck with her sleep. Now we can get 3-4 hours sometimes. Apparently this isn't abnormal it is just her. I can't stand to let her cry either Megan. She gets more upset if I let her cry than if I catch her while she is just fussing. And I've found that the stretches get longer each night if I just feed her when she wakes and put her right back in her crib. Unless she is going through a growth spurt of course. Then she is up every 2 hours without fail. But that usually only lasts for a few days.

Congrats on selling your house Lisa and Ben. I'm so glad that things are working out for you. You are in our prayers. We hope Ben will be able to work in Utah. It would be wonderful to always have you so close. It is understandable when family has to leave, but it is great when they can come back. We miss Karl, Megan and their family and we miss Luke & Hollie and Gracie as well. It makes the visits so special. We love you all so much and we love having this blog. Thanks Karl and Megan.

Hopefully we can add some more pictures and video, but I don't have the energy right now to updload them. I think Bill wants to do it anyway. I better go chug some water and lay down again. Love Bri

3 comments:

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

Bri,

Maybe it's something in the area. My little sister had the stomach flu Thrus and Fri. She said it was pretty vilent and very glad it is over. She is pregnant with her first so that got her worried with not being able to keep anything down. She shares a birthday with dad, so she didn't have much fun for her birthday. Hope you get feeling better soon!

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

Yea! We are so glad you can come. I hope you are feeling better soon. Love hearing from you. Hollie

Robert, Heidi, Tyson, Kaleb, Travis and Charity said...

Bri,

Maybe I will have to get sick to thin out. I lost tons of weight and I mean tons. I went from a size 8/10 to a 4/6 after Kaleb was born. Now I can't seem to keep it off.

It is good to hear about Quickyn. She is one cute girl. We always hear that sunlight is best for jaundice. What doesn't make sense is that Tyson's level was much higher than Kaleb's was but Tyson wasn't put under lights but Kaleb was. We did have the lights put at home and put Kaleb under them a few minutes at a time. He didn't like it. He would pull of his sunshades and scream when we put him down. And you know Robert and his views on medical advice. He told me not to put him in the lights but just go outside. That really brought his levels down.

Better go.

Heidi